The Awyr Las Fundraising Promise
Your support helps transform the lives of patients across North Wales, and it makes a real difference to patients, their families and the NHS teams caring for them. Everyone involved in Awyr Las and all those who deliver the healthcare services you support are incredibly grateful to you for choosing to support the charity.
The members of the Awyr Las Charity Committee which governs the Charity, the Fund Advisors who oversee the individual funds and the Awyr Las Support Team members who offer advice and support for the charity’s supporters all pledge to be honest, open and treat you with respect.
Here is our fundraising promise to you.
We promise to:
- Make sure all fundraising activity follows good practice, is ethical and legal.
- Always comply with the Fundraising Regulator’s Code of Practice
- Keep your contact details safe and never sell or swap them
- Contact you in the way you have agreed and send you invitations and information that we think will be of interest
- Listen, learn and take appropriate action if you have a concern or complaint
- Keep you up to date with how support like yours improves transforms and brightens patients’ lives
- Make our annual report and accounts clear and easy to understand
You can expect:
- Support from us with your fundraising activities
- Us to be grateful for your support and not put pressure on you to fundraise or donate more than you want
- To manage the way we communicate with you whether by post, email, phone or SMS
- To respond to any queries you send us via social media, email or by phone within 5 working days
We will take any concerns or complaints you have very seriously. If you’d like to voice a concern or raise a complaint please:
- Contact the Head of Fundraising for Awyr Las by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone on 01248 384395, or by post to Awyr Las, Ysbyty Gwynedd, Penrhosgarnedd, Bangor, LL57 2PW. You should receive an initial response within 5 working days of issuing your complaint.
- If you are dissatisfied with the initial response or handing of your concern or complaint, you should contact the Head of Financial Services for Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board using the same contact details as above. You should receive an initial response within 5 working days of issuing your complaint.
- If you wish to escalate the complaint further because you continue to be dissatisfied with the response you have from the Head of Fundraising and the Head of Financial Services, you should contact the Chairman of Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board using the contact details above. You should receive an initial response within 4 working days of issuing your complaint.
- If you would like an independent body to investigate your concerns, you must have first given us the opportunity to resolve your concern or complaint through our own internal process. You can then contact the Fundraising Regulator, whose contact details may be found at: https://www.fundraisingregulat….
Thank you again for supporting Awyr Las, and helping make a difference for patients in North Wales. We promise to give you the best experience we can whenever you choose to support your NHS Charity.
Awyr Las Text to Donate Terms and Conditions
Text to donate is a quick and easy way to donate to Awyr Las. If you’ve already texted a donation, thank you so much. You’re helping to make a difference for patients and families across North Wales.
Can I donate by text?
To send a text donation you must be 16 years old or over and you must obtain permission from the bill payer before sending a text message.
Where can I send text donations from?
Please note that you can donate from a UK mobile only. You cannot donate using this service from a Channel Islands, Isle of Man or other non-UK mobile. If you donate using this service from a UK mobile outside England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland, you may incur additional network charges.
How can I donate?
You can give a single gift of £5 via your mobile phone.
- Text Awyr Las to 70500 to donate £5
Donations sent to this shortcode will be allocated to the Awyr Las Hearts & Minds fund. Hearts & Minds is a small grants fund enabling frontline staff to get funding for small, innovative projects that make a big difference for their patients.
- Text Awyr Las followed by a sub keyword – this should be a ward / department / fund code – to 70500 to donate to £5 to that ward / department / fund code
Donations sent to this shortcode using your chosen sub keyword will be allocated to the fund indicated by the ward / department / fund code. For example:
- Awyr Las #TeamIrfon sent to 70500 will result in a £5 donation towards #TeamIrfon
- Awyr Las Mason sent to 70500 will result in a £5 donation towards Mason Ward at Ysbyty Maelor Wrexham
- Awyr Las 8Q02 sent to 70500 will result in a £5 donation to the North Wales Cancer Treatment Centre
If you’re not sure what sub keyword to use, please contact the Awyr Las Support Team: 01248 384 395 or email@example.com.
Please note: if we can’t match your sub keyword to a ward, service, department or fund then your donation will be allocated to the Hearts & Minds fund.
- Text I CAN to 70500 to donate £10 to the I CAN mental health campaign
- Text KTB to 70500 to donate £5 to the Keep The Beats CPR and public defibrillator access campaign
- Texts will incur the cost of your donation plus a charge at your standard network message rate; please ask bill payer’s permission first.
- Awyr Las will receive 100% of each donation. This donation service enables you to donate and receive information about the work of Awyr Las and by using it you agree that we may contact you in the future by SMS. We will also use the mobile phone number to confirm receipt of your donation by text with the following example message: Thank you for donating £5 to Awyr Las. UK taxpayer? Boost your donation by 25% with Gift Aid: https://vir2.me/awyr.
- If you’d rather we didn’t contact you, please add NO INFO after the text to donate key word. Alternatively, you can opt out by contacting the Awyr Las Support Team on 01248 384395 or by emailing us with your mobile phone number firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once you have opt out of future text messages, it may take us up to 28 days to remove your number from our database list so please accept our apologies if you receive a text in the meantime. There is no limit on the number of times you may make a donation via text but there is a daily limit of £30 on text donations. You will not be able to donate more by text from the same number on the same day, but you may still incur your standard network message charge if you try.